How to Use the WordPress Gutenberg Editor Download
Become comfortable with the WordPress block editor. Use it to customize your posts and pages.
What you’ll learn
- How to use the WordPress block editor known as Gutenberg
- All the available blocks and their settings
- How to reuse your favorite blocks, including how to export them so you can use them on other sites
- How to add more powerful blocks to the ones that come with WordPress
- You should have a WordPress site
- You should have some basic WordPress knowledge (how to add a post)
WordPress 5.0 introduced the new block editor called Gutenberg, but it’s not always intuitive to use. Perhaps you’ve tried to use it but didn’t quite get it, or you’re not sure how all the blocks and settings work.
In this course, you’ll learn how to use all the blocks that are currently available when you install WordPress. You’ll start by going on a tour of the general interface for a post, then move on to learning about the standard interface for every Gutenberg block. Then you’ll see how each block works in detail.
If you can’t figure out a way to do what you want using the blocks that come with WordPress, you’ll learn how you can add even more blocks to your editing toolbox.
You’ll also learn how you can reuse blocks, and if you really like a block you’ve created and want to use it on more than one website, you’ll learn how to do that, too.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a seasoned WordPress user or you’re working with WordPress for the first time, sometimes you just want someone to show you how to do something so you don’t have to spend hours researching it yourself. After taking this course, you’ll be comfortable working with the WordPress Gutenberg editor and be on your way to structuring your content exactly the way you want it to appear.
Who this course is for:
- WordPress users who want to learn how to use the Gutenberg editor
- WordPress users who want to build on their basic knowledge of the Gutenberg editor
Created by Sarah Ettritch